Your family deserves to work with a professional who understands the personal side of adoption, too.
I have a passion for working with adoptive families and offer a unique “three-pronged” approach – as an adoptee, adoptive parent, and child psychologist. I was adopted from India as an infant, and have first-hand knowledge to share with families about the strengths and struggles of being an adoptee. I can relate to adoptees on a personal level in counseling, and provide adoptive parents with a greater understanding of their children’s behaviors and needs. I am also the mother of a son adopted from Ethiopia, and can relate to the difficulties adoptive parents face as their children transition into their new home. Professionally, I’ve worked with children in foster care and adoptive families for over a decade.
I provide adoption services to assist you with the process from beginning to end, including:
- Pre-adoptive parent and family psychological evaluations tailored to meet the specific requirements of your agency or country
- Educational workshops for adoptive parents and adoption agencies
- Play therapy and family therapy to enhance attachment and improve adjustment
- Trauma therapy/EMDR to address struggles associated with adoption histories and transitions
- Parent coaching regarding adoption-related issues
- Individual counseling for teen/adult adoptees